I CHOOSE

...to love myself.
...to treat myself gently, with patience and respect.
...to accept responsibility for every aspect of my life.

...to be present, awake, aware.
...to be open to possibility.
...to leap with the intention of landing.
...to do amazing things.

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Reflections

I had an open house yesterday featuring this cool coffee machine I have, the Tassimo.

In addition to offering a fine selection of gourmet coffee drinks that put Starbucks to shame, I set up a chocolate fountain and served biscotti, wafer cookies, marshmallows and strawberries. Some of my guests brought sweet treats, including this incredible berry cobbler made with Splenda.

By 2 p.m. when all my guests had left, I had consumed nothing but carbs all day long. I felt horrible. I felt fat. I felt like my body was going to convulse from lack of proper nutrition. Really. Blech. All I wanted was to gnaw on a slab of steak.

After laying on the couch for 30 minutes, wallowing in my misery, I got up to go to the bathroom. I had fully expected to see my fat-faced self in the mirror after all the crap I had consumed. I was surprised--shocked, really--to see my present-day self instead. I almost jumped at the sight of my thinner face.

Funny reaction. I've really gotten used to how I look now and it's easy for me see the before and after in my face. This was the first time in a long time that my perception didn't line up with reality. And funny how it happened after I ate in ways (not quantities, though) more reminiscent of my former self.

It was enough to scare me back to reality. And steak for dinner.

1 comment:

bye said...

Open house? Tassimo? Uh, where was I? Geez!