I CHOOSE

...to love myself.
...to treat myself gently, with patience and respect.
...to accept responsibility for every aspect of my life.

...to be present, awake, aware.
...to be open to possibility.
...to leap with the intention of landing.
...to do amazing things.

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Catching up

Atlanta was fun, a welcomed diversion from the chaos of my daily life. We relaxed, watched movies, dawdled through the days, chatted, slept, laughed, ate, and so forth. Wendy survived her plummet into her 40s. I showed no mercy and taunted her with reminders that she was now a decade older than me.

As for my food, I didn't do too bad. I could have REALLY lost it, but managed to keep the eating of snack-like substances to a minimum. In no way was the weekend a repeat of previous out-of-town pig-outs. I did, however, dump like a demon on Friday night fom a shot os Starbucks Cream liquour. Not fun. Good thing I could switch to Cocktails by Jenn.

I flew back Monday morning and headed straight into the office for 2 day of meetings. Today I met my civic obligations and served jury duty. I got picked for a jury panel, but then not selected to serve. Sweet deal.

With the crazy schedule I've had, I haven't eaten very well since returning. I think I've done more snacks as meals than I did in Atlanta. I'm finding that if I don't have readily available protein, I don't work that hard to find it or make it. Dangerous.

Finally, I got an advance proof of one of my new cookbooks yesterday. I've had a couple other books arrive since I started this position in January. But this book, The Market Fresh Cookbook, is one that I'm really proud of. I like how my recipe selection came together, the solid intro and the great design. I think it's going to be in stores in February.

No comments: