I CHOOSE

...to love myself.
...to treat myself gently, with patience and respect.
...to accept responsibility for every aspect of my life.

...to be present, awake, aware.
...to be open to possibility.
...to leap with the intention of landing.
...to do amazing things.

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Leaving on a jet plane

I do know when I'll be back. Monday. Just in time for two days of business meetings followed by two days of jury duty.

I'm heading to Atlanta again to help my dearest Wonder Wendy ring in her 40th birthday. I thought I'd see how it goes for her so I know what to expect next summer.

No tattoos this time. Probably a few fun excursions. Lots of talking, for sure. This will be my fourth trip to Atlanta in a year. I've seen more of Ms. Wendy this year than I had for the previous five years. But ours is the kind of friendship that thrives even when we don't speak for long stretches. And during the past 20 years, we've had some long, dry spells.

While I dread next week, I know this weekend will give me the boost I need. I worry, though, about eating. Lately, whenever I deviate from a normal weekend routine, my eating gets whacked. Then I struggle for the next two weeks getting back on track. Knowing I'm facing that battle might be enough for me to avoid it.

Wish me luck. I'll be back in a few days. In the meantime, try my Hot Fat Apple Crisp and tell me if you like it.

No comments: