I CHOOSE

...to love myself.
...to treat myself gently, with patience and respect.
...to accept responsibility for every aspect of my life.

...to be present, awake, aware.
...to be open to possibility.
...to leap with the intention of landing.
...to do amazing things.

Thursday, November 09, 2006

In the end...

Wisconsin voters have spoken, and they've decided to tinker with the state constitution and write off an entire group of people. And they think it's a marvy idea to bring back the death penalty. I'm just relieved that the ballot question didn't read: "I am in favor of reinstating the death penalty for gay people who want to protect their assets and family, provided DNA evidence is present." Imagine what the vote would have been then!

But on the brighter side...effective 1/1/07, my company is offering domestic partner benefits. After asking for the for over 7 years, I figure I best put Rose on my insurance now.

Here's the justice: Our company probably has around 1 million customers in Wisconsin. If those 1 million voted on Tuesday, around 600,000 would have voted to pass that damn amendment and deny me spousal rights or any similar standing. Fine. Because now those very people are helping to pay the insurance premiums for Rose every time they send in their check. Thank you very much! Best of all, I know that if they understood this, they'd be pissing in their pants and throwing bibles at our front office door.

Put it that way and now I'm actually looking forward to the increase in insurance costs for next year.

No comments: