I CHOOSE

...to love myself.
...to treat myself gently, with patience and respect.
...to accept responsibility for every aspect of my life.

...to be present, awake, aware.
...to be open to possibility.
...to leap with the intention of landing.
...to do amazing things.

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Hot Fat Apple Crisp

Ok, here's a recipe I made up today. I just pulled it out of the oven and sampled it. YUMMY! Nutrition facts are below. I pulled them from Calorie Count. I didn't include the nutritionals for the caramel sauce since there wasn't option for it. But check out the link below for more details.

Hot Fat Apple Crisp
5 medium apples, peeled, cored and cubed
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/4 cup Splenda granular (not the baking blend)
2 tbsp. Walden Farm's Calorie-Free Caramel Sauce
2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 cup oatmeal
1/2 cup flaxseed meal
1/2 cup Splenda granular (not the baking blend)
1 tbsp. cinnamon
2 tbsp. melted butter

Mix the first five ingredients together and pour into a 9x9 glass baking dish sprayed with butter-flavor cooking spray.

In another bowl, mix remaining ingredients until crumbly. Sprinkle over apple mixture. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until apples are tender.

Yield 16 servings

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 53 g
Amount Per Serving
Calories 69
Calories from Fat 30
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3.3g 5%
Saturated Fat 0.9g 5%
Cholesterol 4mg 1%
Sodium 13mg 1%
Total Carbohydrates 9.8g 3%
Dietary Fiber 2.9g 12%
Sugars 4.5g
Protein 1.5g

No comments: