I CHOOSE

...to love myself.
...to treat myself gently, with patience and respect.
...to accept responsibility for every aspect of my life.

...to be present, awake, aware.
...to be open to possibility.
...to leap with the intention of landing.
...to do amazing things.

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Hi, My Name Is...

Yesterday a former coworker walked into the building. I hadn't seen him in two years. I made eye contact with him and smiled. He gave me an awkward grin in return.

I walked up to him and said, "Hi Erik, nice to see you. I'm Jen O****."

He said, "Oh, my god. I wondered if you were somebody that I should know."

Two hours later...

I pass a coworker in the hall. "Hey, Heather," I said.

"Hi," I hear in return.

Five steps past me...

"Oh, Jen, that's you. I'm never sure if it's you or not."

And then later, via email from a friend who saw the website, but remembers me from a few years back:

"I checked out your site and decided I need to spend some time with you in person because your picture looks like someone else completely--but wow. You look so different that I'll have a tough time keeping that pic of you in my head."

Hee hee.

1 comment:

Amazlilith said...

I have to admit you do look different in your two pictures...but isn't fun to stump our friends. Looking forward to getting to where you are.