I CHOOSE

...to love myself.
...to treat myself gently, with patience and respect.
...to accept responsibility for every aspect of my life.

...to be present, awake, aware.
...to be open to possibility.
...to leap with the intention of landing.
...to do amazing things.

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Yoga

I had my first yoga class last night. Out of six participants, I was the only one that had never done a yoga class before. But I told the instructor that I was a newbie and she was quite helpful. Touched on breathing, beginning postures, tried some things with a pole and ropes. Maybe that's why it was so fun!

Anyway, I loved that my body moved so easily and I felt quite comfortable in the setting. I was amazed at the positions my body was able to take on. I had never even considered stretching, twisting, contorting, reaching in those ways. Best of all, I loved the connection I felt to my body when I was relaxed and focused on what I was doing.

Afterward, I was energized, tingling from the blood flowing to my muscled and eager to return next week. I could really get into this.

2 comments:

Fearless Artist said...

Hi, I really want to try yoga now too! Thanks for post. Congrats on your success and your journey. I just posted weight loss surgery before and after pics on my blog today. Click here to check it out, if you have a sec. Thanks for being an inspiration.

Prasara Yoga said...

Great article! I recently started practicing a new form of yoga called Prasara yoga and it's definitely improved my flexibility and strength. To learn more about this dynamic form of yoga, read this Prasara Primer review.