I CHOOSE

...to love myself.
...to treat myself gently, with patience and respect.
...to accept responsibility for every aspect of my life.

...to be present, awake, aware.
...to be open to possibility.
...to leap with the intention of landing.
...to do amazing things.

Thursday, March 22, 2007

What's Normal?

Yesterday was a normal food day for me. By that, I mean I ate reasonable portions of healthy foods in relative moderation.

It struck me that somewhere in the last 18 months "normal" eating for me migrated from gorging food fests of greasy burgers, ice cream and cookies to consuming vegetables, fruits and animal proteins. My point of reference has changed.

Now when I eat (or think I eat) like I used to, I feel yucky and bad about myself. I know it's not what's right for me. I might think it will make me feel better emotionally, but in the end I always feel worse.

1 comment:

Melting Mama said...

I feel sick when I think about the past eating habits, too. And, to think, I used to say that I didn't eat enough to be as fat as I was. ??? Let's go to McDonalds: I ordered a #1 (Big Mac Meal) with a DIET freaking coke, fries + a six piece nugget with sauce. Then, chances are, if I weren't shatting myself, I'd have half an apple pie or a few sips of a shake.