I CHOOSE

...to love myself.
...to treat myself gently, with patience and respect.
...to accept responsibility for every aspect of my life.

...to be present, awake, aware.
...to be open to possibility.
...to leap with the intention of landing.
...to do amazing things.

Saturday, April 21, 2007

Could it work?

I woke up at 5:30 this morning--much earlier than I wanted to. I turned on the TV and started flipping. I'm a sucker for infomercials. I love the cadence and timing of the presentations and the marketing science they use to sell whatever it is they think will change someone's life. What I found this morning was 7 Shapely Secrets.

I was intrigued by the normal looking women they used for their testimonials and they realistic results they presented. But mostly, I want to know how the heck I can stand still for 7 minutes and lose inches.

I am seriously considering spend the bucks to get this because the curiosity is killing me. Should I do it? Maybe I can find a used thing on ebay.

Bigger, though, than the promise of easy exercise was my early morning realization that I will likely never, ever stop worrying about losing weight, inches or dress sizes. I will always be looking for a way to keep what I've got. I thought that the surgery was going to free me from that. Nope. I think I'm going to have to work a lot harder than I ever thought. Maybe that's why Shapely Secrets sounds so enticing.

No comments: