I CHOOSE

...to love myself.
...to treat myself gently, with patience and respect.
...to accept responsibility for every aspect of my life.

...to be present, awake, aware.
...to be open to possibility.
...to leap with the intention of landing.
...to do amazing things.

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Dreaming in Moderation

I woke up at 2 a.m. from an unusual dream. I was walking/riding a bike to a convenience store. When I got there, I saw cases and cases of junk food, sodas, hot dogs, popcorn, cheetos--all kinds of things I really, really wanted to eat. But I walked around the store and carefully looked over everything, then grabbed two pieces of pizza from a personal pan pizza and a bottle of water. When the guy rang me up, he told me I could get a 12" pizza for the same price as my two little pieces and I'd also get a free Coke. I told him no thanks, paid $6.95 and walked out (to find that my bike had been stolen).

That's the first time I ever made good eating choices in my dreams. Usually my food dreams are about gorging and binging and hiding food of all evil, decadent and delicious sorts. I wake up from those dreams sad that I couldn't really have the food. Disappointed. Angry.

But I woke from this dream last night just thirsty. A bottle of water and a pack of apple juice flavoring solved that problem. I slept soundly until 5:53, dreaming only of my friend Wonder Wendy and a home worth $3.9 million dollars. Now that made me sad and envious.

No comments: