I CHOOSE

...to love myself.
...to treat myself gently, with patience and respect.
...to accept responsibility for every aspect of my life.

...to be present, awake, aware.
...to be open to possibility.
...to leap with the intention of landing.
...to do amazing things.

Friday, June 22, 2007

The Hot Fat Has Landed

I arrived safe and sound in ATL last night, grabbed my rental car and made my way to Decatur. WW was already home and looking mighty fine for having had her innards reworked 55 hours earlier. She's up and about, has great color and is sipping slowly on her liquids.

I had decided to join her in her protein feast while I'm down here, to I told her not to stock up on any food for me. She didn't. Let me tell you, it's weird to be in a home of a newly post-op gastric bypass patient. It's a buffet of beverages...but not one morsel of solid food in sight. By 9 p.m. last night I was digging for one of the Oh Yeah protein wafers I brought with me just so I had a reason to move my jaw. I think the weekend is going to be harder for me than her!

But. There's the promise of a few pounds of weight loss. I have been holding steady around 169-171 for so long. I would really like to get to 165 and stay there. I bottomed out at 162 once...but I swear that was just a figment of my imagination. It must have lasted all of one day.

With my workouts, I've just started a phase of muscle building. So that means I should be packing on the lean muscle mass and a few pounds there. Now would be the opportune time to shed those last fat pounds. Fat be gone!!!

Every day I think more and more about plastic surgery. As my muscles become more defined, it's easier to see my true body. When I get on my hands and knees and let the skin swing freely below me, I get great definition along my back and sides. I can even see my true abdominal wall. But there's that frickin' skin that looks like I've got some Discovery channel tumor hanging off the front of my body.

Whew. This post went a few places I never imagined. Well, that's what the blog's for.

As soon as the electrician leaves this morning, I'm walking to the Starbucks in downtown Decatur. It's supposed to be 96 degrees today. Beat the heat is my goal. Maybe I'll find crunchy protein along the way!

1 comment:

Melting Mama said...

Oh Yeah. LOL. Bring one to S'Bucks and make a Iced Somethingorother with it. ;)