I CHOOSE

...to love myself.
...to treat myself gently, with patience and respect.
...to accept responsibility for every aspect of my life.

...to be present, awake, aware.
...to be open to possibility.
...to leap with the intention of landing.
...to do amazing things.

Sunday, June 24, 2007

Pouch detox

Day 3. I have been living on protein shakes as my main source of nutrition since Friday morning. Not one cracker has passed my lips. Nary a chip. Bread--nada. I think I have entered a phase of pouch detox similar to pressing that reset button back when I first had surgery.

With no scale in sight, I base my success on looser pants, more energy and lack of hunger. I realize that I was likely eating mostly out of habit and not out of need. I have feel very in tune with my body today. In fact, on my morning walk through Decatur, I stopped at Kroger an bought an apple. A very wise health choice. I ate about half of it, enjoying the sweet juiciness and hard crunch. And then, I realized that I was FULL. My body told me to stop. I listened.

So how does that apple fit into the weekend protein binge? Very well, thank you. The only carbs I've been taking in have been from milk. 22 carbs a day is too little for my activity level. And the apple was my breakfast. Followed, of course, by my Iced Quad Espresso with four packs of splenda and splash of half & half.

I'm turning a new corner. If I can last this weekend without my usual temptations, I think I can forge ahead. I just might knock off a few more pounds before my 2-year anniversary. I would LOVE to weigh in at 158.5...exactly half of my body weight pre-op. I can do it. I can.

1 comment:

Dagny said...

Wow, sounds like you are in an amazing place! You are getting more from your trip than you thought.

I was very excited and happy for you when I read this post!