I CHOOSE

...to love myself.
...to treat myself gently, with patience and respect.
...to accept responsibility for every aspect of my life.

...to be present, awake, aware.
...to be open to possibility.
...to leap with the intention of landing.
...to do amazing things.

Sunday, August 26, 2007

2 Years Ago Today...

I had my guts rearranged. The night before, I had Rose take this picture. I've never shown anyone because I think I look so hideously bloated and miserable...and that's after losing 17 pounds in two weeks on a liquid diet.

I could write about all the things most people do in their "re-birthday" posts, but you can go back and check out my archives for the painful, funny, honest, stupid, pitiful, insightful thoughts I've had about that day and all of them since. Suffice it to say, I AM a different person...but not really. It all depends. On everything.

Now don't laugh. Just tell me I'm beautiful, ok?

Same glasses in both pictures...why I never wore glasses before.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Of course you're beautiful! That part goes without saying. It's such a strange transition when our outsides begin to match our insides, isn't it?

Kaye Bailey said...

Just and shout-out and congrats on your 2-years. I'm a silent reader but you ROCK and have done yourself proud!
CHEERS!

Tracy said...

Congrats on your RE-Birthday!

I recognize the LOOK you had in your befor pic.... its the same as mine..... In your NOW your eyes sparkle, and that is what I'm striving for! Sweet Dreams and Smaller Jeans -- Tracy

Melting Mama said...

:) look at you!

Congrats on making it two years. Here's the the next, two, ten, twenty...: