I CHOOSE

...to love myself.
...to treat myself gently, with patience and respect.
...to accept responsibility for every aspect of my life.

...to be present, awake, aware.
...to be open to possibility.
...to leap with the intention of landing.
...to do amazing things.

Monday, September 10, 2007

Chew on this.

I just finished lunch. About 10 bites sooner than I needed to. Exactly one bite into feeling like "huh, I'm getting sick of eating."

For some, that's just every day normalness. For me, it's not. My usual (as of late) is to eat least 3 bites beyond what physically satisfies. That's what happens when your hunger is in your heart and not your stomach. I'll never be satiated eating that way. I'll just keep puking.

But today. I just stopped. I gave away the extra spinach and put the leftover tuna/feta mix back in the fridge. Then I popped a stick of gum in my mouth and thought about it all.

How did I get away from this being present in my body while I eat? When did I stop listening to my stomach? What has me so preoccupied?

I'm only two years out from weight loss surgery. I'll probably live another 30 to 40 years. I don't want to go through this learn, forget, relearn process again and again. When will I get it? How can I get it right? WILL I get it right?

No comments: