I CHOOSE

...to love myself.
...to treat myself gently, with patience and respect.
...to accept responsibility for every aspect of my life.

...to be present, awake, aware.
...to be open to possibility.
...to leap with the intention of landing.
...to do amazing things.

Sunday, October 07, 2007

Biker Babe?


Last weekend I had the highest bid in an auction for an hour-long ride on a Harley. I collected on that prize today.

Chuck picked me up at 2:30 and we headed north of Milwaukee to Holy Hill. The ride was part on the interstate, part along winding country roads. The thermometer topped 85 degrees, but the trees were brilliant reds, oranges, yellows and browns. After riding to the top of the hill, we headed west through Mayberry-esque little towns like Merton, Hartland and Lisbon before we stopped for lunch in Sussex. In all, we logged about 135 miles.

My legs are still vibrating. My skin is a little numb from the wind. But the smile is still plastered on my face.

This was SO worth the $150 I paid for it. For the first time in a very long time I felt the stress start to melt away. My mind wandered through parts less dark. I felt nearly invicible on that back of the bike, floating past everything that's been holding me down, pulling me back. I gladly would have paid twice that much for it.

5 comments:

SignGurl said...

You make it sound like heaven! Glad you had a great time.

Melting Mama said...

Whee! What fun. I am going to buy a bike when I'm a big girl. :)

Dagny said...

Maybe you need one o'them of your own! You do live in Harley Country!
Dagny

Donna said...

Glad you were able to let some of the stress go... perhaps you need one of your own for motor-therapy sessions :)

Danyele said...

Careful girl.. once it's gets in your blood, you're always gonna want one and it's an expensive little hobby. LOL

My dad's a biker.. I've been on the back since I was 4 years old and I've wanted my own bike since then. Like Beth said.. when I'm a big girl, I'm gettin' one! It'll be silver and pink with "Harley Honey" painted on the tank!!

ps.. if you're ever out my way, I'll be sure to get you hooked up with a FREE ride!!