I CHOOSE

...to love myself.
...to treat myself gently, with patience and respect.
...to accept responsibility for every aspect of my life.

...to be present, awake, aware.
...to be open to possibility.
...to leap with the intention of landing.
...to do amazing things.

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Relief

My body is still burning from last night's workout. I had a loaner trainer from another location and he's excellent at visualization. His pointers really got me to focus on some muscle groups in ways that I didn't think were humanly possible.

Another update: call back from a therapist. I've got an appointment for next week. She focuses on the mond-body connection and doesn't really do a lot of the traditional talk therapy...mostly visualization, meditation, even hypnosis. I'll give it a try. At least SHE called me back.

I continue to struggle with food. No duh. I had a decent day yesterday until about 5, when I downed some baby food snacks. But I also worked off those 180 calories in the first 20 minutes of cardio. Then when I got home from working out, I ate about 3 oz of chicken, 3 tablespoons of peanut butter and about a 1/2 cup of SF/FF ice cream over the next three hours. I should have stopped with the chicken--everything else was impulse. My calories for the day were about 1200. But of those, at least 750 came after 5 p.m. Danger zone.

3 comments:

Danyele said...

Sounds like you're on the right track to figuring out the eating issues - asking for help is the best thing you could do. I know you'll figure this all out and be very very successful Jen. I have confidence in you - we all do.

Dagny said...

A lot of people might have looked for excuses to blow off the workouts but you're sticking with it AND it sounds like you are working hard. Hang on to that and it can become part of your anchor!
Dagny

Anonymous said...

...AND...you actually clearly recognized your danger zone! Great job on the workouts.