I CHOOSE

...to love myself.
...to treat myself gently, with patience and respect.
...to accept responsibility for every aspect of my life.

...to be present, awake, aware.
...to be open to possibility.
...to leap with the intention of landing.
...to do amazing things.

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Untitled, 2007

I guess I didn't sound desperate enough when I left pleading messages with potential therapists. No calls back.

The scale is inching higher. I've had a few days of binging and, of course, I'm going to pay for it some way. The scale doesn't lie. Damned if I do, damned if I don't.

Workout tonight. I think I start a new program. My thighs are getting hard. My upper arms have wavy muscles. Both areas have lovely yards of flabby skin draped elegantly over them. It's so fun being a middle-aged gastric bypass patient with skin that's lost any inclination of elasticity. Thank god it's moving into long-sleeve and turtle-neck weather.

No comments: