I CHOOSE

...to love myself.
...to treat myself gently, with patience and respect.
...to accept responsibility for every aspect of my life.

...to be present, awake, aware.
...to be open to possibility.
...to leap with the intention of landing.
...to do amazing things.

Thursday, November 29, 2007

I know what I weigh...

...because I asked. And the doctor told me.

It's not as much as I thought. In fact, it's a lot less. However, it's not necessarily a good thing to know.

The first thing my mind did was calculate: 1 more pound until...1.5 pounds until....5 pounds until...10 pounds until....

Then I stopped. Have I been okay with not knowing? I've wondered. But I've not gone to a store or hunted through the house to find the scales. My clothes fit ok. I feel healthy. I know that I am eating nutritious foods in appropriate amounts at appropriate times. So if I'm doing and knowing all that, not knowing my weight could be ok.

Today I saw myself in a new mirror. In a bathroom I'd not been in before. I've had this happen in the past where I catch myself in a different mirror and the change in the setting lets me SEE ME as I really am. Today, I looked pretty normal. I looked small. I looked ok. And that me so goddamn happy I had to tell everyone. An hour after the revelation, when I wasn't feeling so euphoric, I was thinking about how I was standing. I was considering how it felt to have my feet firmly planted on the ground. I was pondering what I must look like. Then the doubt crept in. But I also quickly realized there was NO WAY I could have changed that drastically in an hour. I had to look exactly the same way I did 60 minutes before. And since I was ok with that, I was ok with how I looked at that later second. I think I'm catching on.

Tonight with the trainer I could look in the mirror. I couldn't do that Monday. Tonight...I saw that same sassy girl from earlier in the day. I could really get used to seeing her on a more regular basis.

1 comment:

Donna said...

It's your own best friend you see in that mirror -- be kind to her and belive in her. She's real! It's you!