I CHOOSE

...to love myself.
...to treat myself gently, with patience and respect.
...to accept responsibility for every aspect of my life.

...to be present, awake, aware.
...to be open to possibility.
...to leap with the intention of landing.
...to do amazing things.

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Whew!

I did it. I survived my first mid-week, non-holiday, non-program day. I started out at 6:30 by coloring with Connor as we watched Sponge Bob. After he and his mom left, I got ready for the day and headed to the house to inspect the new windows. I also put up the wooden blinds that had to come down for the installation. Then...over to work to drop off some things and to check on some benefit things. Left later than I anticipated. And then thought maybe I'd blow some time before my therapy appt. by looking at a new car. So I did. And I bought one. A 2008 Hyundai Sonata. All mine. Free and clear of a co-owner. One less thing out of the way.

But even better was my therapy apppointment. An enlightening hour wrapped up with guided meditation. A clear head. Insight into changes. New directions to consider.

All in all, a great day. Foodwise, too. No binging, purging or restricting. When I had ED thoughts, I actually recognized them, addressed them and moved on. I coped. Quite well, thank you.

3 comments:

arielfreak said...

Jen, this post just made me smile so big. So glad to see things looking up for you. Those non-ED behavior days just feel so good, don't they?

Enjoy your new car!

Michelle said...

New car, new hair, you are a new girl!! keep it up

Melting Mama said...

Lookee here, (in my best Bob Barker voice) A NEW CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR!