I CHOOSE

...to love myself.
...to treat myself gently, with patience and respect.
...to accept responsibility for every aspect of my life.

...to be present, awake, aware.
...to be open to possibility.
...to leap with the intention of landing.
...to do amazing things.

Friday, December 07, 2007

I am healed!

Okay, maybe not. Maybe not at all. But I just got home from my final day in my treatment program. Anxious, elated, scared, sad, hopeful...I'm all of those things right now. I know the timing is right: I wouldn't accomplish any more than I have to this point if I don't start practicing what I've learned. Yes, that freaks me out. No, it's not worth holding on to.

I'm pretty much set for what I'll do through the weekend. I have a gazillion appointments next week with my therapist, nutritionist, personal trainer, dentist, etc. Every day. Appointments. While it's something to do, it's not what I look forward to. Except maybe the therapy appointments since I could be an emotional wreck my 3 p.m. CST on Monday. Or maybe not. We'll see.

Tonight, I'm babysitting. A nice diversion. A necessary one. I've got to stay out of my head...and when you're with a five-year-old, there ain't no hiding out in my thoughts.

So I'll just take it one meal and snack at a time. One minute at a time if I need to. I deserve this recovery.

No comments: