I CHOOSE

...to love myself.
...to treat myself gently, with patience and respect.
...to accept responsibility for every aspect of my life.

...to be present, awake, aware.
...to be open to possibility.
...to leap with the intention of landing.
...to do amazing things.

Monday, February 04, 2008

Bones & Skin

I like my bones.
When I see them, I feel normal.
I feel thin.
These are the bones other people see.
It's what they don't see that I hate so much...
I hate the drooping flesh.
The wrinkles. The puckers. The swag.
When I look in a mirror, even when I'm clothed,
the skin is all I see.
I wish I could just see me.

3 comments:

arielfreak said...

God Jen, I love you for your raw honesty.
I know how painful it is to despise one's own flesh. Here's to the hope that someday we can see past that.

Melting Mama said...

I agree with Laura.

Unknown said...

I'm surprised - and heartened - about how much alike we all look, both above and below the clothing.

*hugs*

*S*