I CHOOSE

...to love myself.
...to treat myself gently, with patience and respect.
...to accept responsibility for every aspect of my life.

...to be present, awake, aware.
...to be open to possibility.
...to leap with the intention of landing.
...to do amazing things.

Sunday, February 03, 2008

Weekend Weigh In

All in all, an okay weekend. Really.

My food was off a bit. Not really restricting. And definitely no purging. Not really binging, since my calories never topped out. But just not where the overall meal plan should be. Not clean eating by any means.

But my head seems to be dislodged, at least temporarily, from lower orifices. I made good choices: Friday night I kept busy with stuff around the house. Saturday I drove north (through more crappy Wisconsin snow) to visit my family, including my grandparents. Today I went to church, joined a potluck lunch and then spent the afternoon with a friend.

A lot of time for introspection. Opportunities for setting boundaries. Reaching out. But, like my meal plan, not quite yet there.

This all sounds like I'm simply trying to write something to put everyone's minds at ease. Maybe my own, too. I don't know. I want to assure myself that today I am not just my eating disorder. Keeping my fingers crossed it's really true.

1 comment:

Donna said...

Certainly not just making yourself feel better -- you are, indeed, stating facts; what you are doing to keep your head in the right place. I hope one day you will be able to give yourself credit for all that you are trying to do for yourself. *hugs*