I CHOOSE

...to love myself.
...to treat myself gently, with patience and respect.
...to accept responsibility for every aspect of my life.

...to be present, awake, aware.
...to be open to possibility.
...to leap with the intention of landing.
...to do amazing things.

Friday, February 01, 2008

New Day. New Opportunity

Hi, this is Jen. I think I'm back. Stronger than ED. Refueled by the love of a 5-year-old boy who thinks I'm cool because I like to color. Loved by a friend who accepts me for just the way I am...and is willing to take the risk to keep me safe.

I am not restricting today. I am not binging or purging today. I am going to treat my body with all the respect that ED wants to steal from me.

I am worth it. I am worthy.

6 comments:

arielfreak said...

you ARE stronger than that sonofabitch!

Respect-what a simple, wonderful word.

Anonymous said...

Jen, your post today made me cry. I'm so glad to hear YOU speaking and not that evil ED. All of us out here in Blogland are pulling for you! (and we think you're cool cuz you color too!)

Keep busy and reach out to those friends who love and accept you for who you are. They want to help but may not know how. TELL them. Tell them what you need. Tell them you need to spend time with them to keep you occupied. Tell them to come over and get your scale out of your house! If you don't tell them, they can't help.

Praying for you!
Lisa (in Mke too.)

Anonymous said...

Coloring rocks. New month, re-newed fight. Kick ass and call for back up when needed.

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you have made a lot of breakthroughs this week. Continue to turn to your friends, family, and most of all God. Don't forget about him because with God all thing are possible. Being in the word of God and praying daily makes me feel stronger, better, at peace, and helps to releive the axiety. Here is a couple of the bible passages I look to when I feel overwhelmed.
Romans 12:12
Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.
John 14:1
Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, trust also in me (this is Jesus speaking)

Anonymous said...

Jen,

You are taking the right steps towards your recovery and staying with your friend to make you feel safe was a good decision. It's amazing the unconditional love a child can give you with no questions asked just pure acceptance for who you are. You are a good person, you are worth it, you are very loved by many. Fight the evil monster inside of you, you will be the winner no matter how long it takes.

Melting Mama said...

Jen, I'm here, helmet and all rooting for you! :)