I CHOOSE

...to love myself.
...to treat myself gently, with patience and respect.
...to accept responsibility for every aspect of my life.

...to be present, awake, aware.
...to be open to possibility.
...to leap with the intention of landing.
...to do amazing things.

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Dig me out, please

What the hell does a boatload of snow have anything to do with gastric bypass surgery and bulimia? Ah, you had to ask.

I have a million pounds of snow to shovel today. And I have the stomach the size of an egg. The quandary: I have to get in enough food to replenish the energy I'm going to exert. My friends, that amount of food is a lot for my re-engineered innards and for my eating disordered brain.

I feel as though I should start eating now, jump start the calories flying out of my furnace and then keep it stoked through out the day. But...I'm afraid that if I start eating, I won't stop. If I don't stop, I'll purge. If I purge, I eff up a nearly a month of puke-free living.

I suppose I should just bite the bullet (or bagel) and take care of myself. Duh. I do that everyday. For whatever reason, my brain is wonky this morning. My perception is skewed. My fear is vicious.

Ok. Stop it. It's just flippin' snow. A stupid shovel. One meal out of many.

Snow sucks. ED sucks more. Both do their damnedest to dump on my driveway.

UPDATE OF JOY!

I ate a delicious breakfast of kashi oatmeal, blueberries and cottage cheese and then I went out to tackle the snow. I called my mom quick to whine. When I walked back in the house an hour later, there were 7 missed called from her telling me to call right away. I did. My dad was on his way to the rescue. He showed up a bit later with a snowblower. My driveway is free. My back is saved. And my dad loves me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, don't your parents live a bit of a drive away? It's not like he just popped across town, right?

What a rockin' dad!!!!

Eat, Drink and be Married said...

Dads are THE best!

arielfreak said...

Awwwww.
Hurray for Daddys.

Anonymous said...

U are so lucky to have both your parents and they clearly LOVE YOU!