I CHOOSE

...to love myself.
...to treat myself gently, with patience and respect.
...to accept responsibility for every aspect of my life.

...to be present, awake, aware.
...to be open to possibility.
...to leap with the intention of landing.
...to do amazing things.

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Progressive Thinking

During the past several weeks, I've incorporated daily affirmations into my life...much like those at the top of this page. I'm learning that the frame of mind which we adapt entirely dictates our vantage point.

Today, I was struck with this overwhelming thought spurred on by genuine confidence and certainty about myself: Someday, I am going to do something amazing.

In my new affirmative mode, I realized that why should I put off what I want to happen now. So I reworded that phrase: I am doing something amazing.

I let that roll around in my pink little head and began to understand how limiting even that statement was. I limited myself to SOMETHING. Wait. I am doing LOTS of amazing things: being honest, challenging my thoughts, staying open to possibilities, accepting responsibilities. And I think I should take all the credit for that.

So I edited my affirmation and I find that it sits well with my spirit:

I DO AMAZING THINGS.

Yes, I do. Yesterday, today, tomorrow. Present in my amazing way of being human, being vulnerable, being brave. Amazing, all of it. Really.

1 comment:

Donna said...

"It sits well with my spirit"

As it should. As it should.

:)