I CHOOSE

...to love myself.
...to treat myself gently, with patience and respect.
...to accept responsibility for every aspect of my life.

...to be present, awake, aware.
...to be open to possibility.
...to leap with the intention of landing.
...to do amazing things.

Friday, April 04, 2008

Doing it in the Dells

Ah, Wisconsin's waterpark wonderland, where Ducks roam through the icy waters and adults like me feel trapped in a cyberwilderness. Wi-Fi? Why, no! Cell phone reception? No bars for this babe. But it's all ok. I'm sitting in a SBUX with a quad iced espresso and complimentary internet access courtesy of AT&T. All's well.

My folks have a condo for the week. I came up Thursday, will leave early Saturday. Today was an exceptional shopping day, including purchases at Coach and The Gap, as well as Easy Spirit and Coldwater Creek. Shopping always makes me happy. Well, almost always. Today's been a good body day so trying on clothes wasn't too traumatic.

All in all, I've weathered week one sans program quite well. Definite potholes along the way, but nothing that swallowed me up. I got some news today that has the potential to really through me for a loop. But I know that. I can see it coming. I can choose if I step into the loop or not.

Choice. I never realized how important it was to me. Maybe because I never accepted responsibility for it, understood how empowering it is. Now I do.

No comments: