I CHOOSE

...to love myself.
...to treat myself gently, with patience and respect.
...to accept responsibility for every aspect of my life.

...to be present, awake, aware.
...to be open to possibility.
...to leap with the intention of landing.
...to do amazing things.

Saturday, May 24, 2008

Waking Up

I got my great scale back from my friend...the scale that has four different "people" you can program for body fat and water composition and weight...and the damn thing doesn't work. I'm sure her kid used it for some creative adventure and this is the universe's way of paying me back for being so damn excited. Sure Jen, you can have your scale. You're a big girl now. You can have it all to yourself. Unsupervised. It just won't work. No matter how many times you change the batteries, reprogram it and tap the center.

I'm on day two of less drugs. Yes, I am playing doctor. Not completely unsupervised and not without the blessing of nearly everyone who has personal contact with me during the last week. I downed the fluoxetine dose. Cut out the clonazepam. Nixed the trazedone. I'm not going to touch the topamax since it's actually doing what the doctor said it would do for me and my body could use a break from the B/P right now. So for the first day in many, I actually feel awake and able to operate heavy machinery. Not that I could afford to.

I have no plans for this long weekend in my long break. Pulling stuff for a rummage sale in June. I need money and have to sell a 17" Dell laptop, an Everett console piano, a 1C diamond ring, so I'll probably do a little surfing on craigslists for competitive pricing. I'd be so lucky if one person wrote me a check for all three items.

No comments: